**Guest blogger alert**
Chijioke JMAD here…
It’s amazing how our lives turn out, when we choose to be thankful even for seemingly small, insignificant things, but come to think of it there’s really no small thanksgiving. Let’s say I stand up in church to thank God for the ability to use the toilet (yea I can see you raise your eyebrow, like seriously, did she just say that). A lady testified that she was able to release gas after her surgery, because it became a prayer point after her surgery. Now you see… So here’s my attempt at thanking God.
- I’m grateful for His love and His patience with me. Often times I forget how far He has brought me and start worrying, I love to have everything figured out; but God has been breaking me and teaching me how to take a step at a time.
- I’m thankful for the ability to go on leave, yep 15 whole working days, Mehn!!! I sure needed the rest, plan on sleeping (although I can’t sleep past 7 a.m *smh), putting on some extra kilo, spend quality time with family and friends.
- I thank God for the Gift of the Holy Spirit. Had a short meeting with a friend who just finished serving and is at that phase we all passed through. You know when you’re job-hunting and all. Anyway at the end gave him some money only for him to tell me on Sunday that he had no money on him that day. I didn’t give him millions, it was just a very small token but it spoke volumes to him. We shouldn’t wait to have our names enlisted in Forbes’s before we help. Once you have that nudge on the inside please respond, you just never know who’s at the end of the cliff.
- I’m thankful to see the wonderful ladies my sisters have grown into. There were times when they will struggle for who was blossom or buttercup in the Powerpuff Girls Animation *smh. Looking at them now and the decisions they make, leaves a wide grin on my face.
- I’m thankful for a sound mind and the ability to make sense to people when I speak to them. Who am I really? I don’t have everything all together, in fact I get confused sometimes but God still uses me as a channel to reach out to people.
- I’m thankful for the gift of writing. When I finally decided to start a blog, I never imagined things would have turned out this way. There have been testimonies, fund-raising, recommendations etc. To be honest it was supposed to be a way to let out my inner voice but it has turned out to be a tool for SocialGood. I have met amazing people through blogging and all I can say is thank You Lord because it’s really about Him.
- I want to thank God for second, third and millionth chances from God and I just experienced a third chance by one of His daughters.
- I want to thank God for strength. Kai!!! You’ve no idea, sometimes I wonder if it’s really me but I’ve come to realise God’s interested in everything even to tiny details. Imagine God taking note of when a strand of hair falls from my head.
That’s all for now, remember I said this is an attempt, I have a book I call “My Book of Chronicles” started it early this year; I write down all the good things that happen to me, down the road when I’m gone someone can pick it up and be inspired, knowing there’s nothing new under the sun, if God saw me through then, He’ll definitely come through for you too. I blog at www.jmadreflects.wordpress.com . Remember to Live to Leave A Legacy.
LOADS OF LOVE.